Home  |  Quote   Site Map  |  Contact Us
Motorhomes      |     Specials     

Cruise Canada Motorhome Hire Canada
Frequently Asked Questions

Click here for Cruise Canada Main Index Page

Q. What is the minimum age for rental:
A. Vehicles can only be operated by qualified drivers 21 years of age or older. All drivers must have a valid and identifiable driver's license. Your driver's license and foreign passport are required as identification and will be verified. All drivers must be identified, authorized, and must sign the Rental Contract. There is no cost for additional drivers and no 'under 25' surcharge.

Q.How many drivers are included:
A. Additional drivers are included free.

Q.When are the depots open:
A. The hours of operation are Monday – Friday 09:00 -17:00. Pick up takes place after 13:00. With pre-purchase of the Early Bird Departure Special, vehicle departure time runs between 9:00 AM (09:00 hours) and Noon. Drop off takes place from 09:00 to 15:00. Some depots are open on Saturday. Sunday is not available.

Q. Minimum rental:
A. 7 days is the minimum.

Q. Do I need to leave a security deposit:
A. A basic refundable security deposit of CAD $500 and the use of a credit card to pay for all local charges and deposits is required at departure. Upon vehicle return, all extra charges are balanced against the security deposit and a credit will be issued to cover the refund. Cash is not accepted for security deposits or any additional charges at departure.

Q. Can I bring my pets:
A. Yes. Pets are welcomed at Cruise Canada. Customer agrees to clean up after their pet and return unit in same condition as received, or be subject to a cleaning fee up to $250.

Q. Can I tow anything or store things on the roof:
A. We do allow towing with all sizes of our motorhomes. Towing is not allowed with Truck Campers. The motorhomes are only equipped with a receiver hitch, so you would need to provide your own tow bar. No towing apparatus or hook-up services are provided under any circumstances. Customer must declare intention to tow prior to departure and warrant that towing weight is within 1100 kg. tow weight restrictions. A daily towing charge will be imposed. Cruise Canada provides no collision or liability coverage for damage to the towed object or for third- party injury inflicted by the towed object, under any circumstances. You cannot store things on the roof.

Q. How many people can travel in the Motorhome:
A. C30 - limit is 7 passengers riding in vehicle./ C25 - limit 5 passengers riding in vehicle. / C19 - limit 3 passengers riding in vehicle. / T17 Truck Camper - limit 3 passengers riding in vehicle.

Q. How easy is it to drive a Motorhome:
A. They handle in a very similar way to driving a car, the C class is based on a van chassis.

Q. Will my Motorhomes come with a TV:
A. No. Cruise Canada's RVs are not equipped with TV's.

Q. Do the Motorhomes come with an Awning:
A. No. If you require shade outside of the Motorhome we would recommend you bring along a canopy.

Q. Can I park my car / store luggage at the depot:
A. Parking at some centers is very limited. Call your rental centre in advance to see if they can accommodate you. If you are allowed to park, it is at your risk entirely. / Often this is not a problem, but again, check with your rental center. Anything left at the rental centre is at your own risk.

Q. Can I drive into the US:
A. Canadian registered RVs may enter the US and return to Canada without problem. One way rentals between the two countries are not allowed. Canadian residents are not allowed to rent a US registered vehicle in the US and enter Canada. Residency is based on the primary renter.

Q. How much can I expect to pay in a campground:
A. Campground rates vary based on time of year and what facilities they offer. Generally you can expect to pay between $10 and $50 per night.

Q. What happens if I wish to travel in Winter:
A. Yes, however our motorhomes are "winterized" from approximately mid-October to late March. This means we have completely drained the water and holding tanks. This will prevent the tanks and pipes from freezing and bursting. If you chose to have your rental motorhome "de-winterized" (so that you can use your sink, shower, and toilet) it may cost up to $40. You will need to exercise extreme care while traveling in a "de-winterized" motorhome during frigid weather. You will need to run the heater at all times to protect the tanks and pipes from freeze damage, or in extreme cases you would need to put RV Anti-Freeze in the water and holding tanks (by doing so, you may not use any water systems). If the pipes or tanks were damaged from freezing, it is considered negligent damage and you will be responsible for the full cost of all repairs.

Q. If I am late in returning the Motorhome what should I do:
A. The vehicle is overdue after 11:00 AM on the date of return. A fee of $25 per hour will be charged for each hour you are late. Please notify the rental center if you will be late in returning.

Q. Does the depot provide car seats:
A. No. You must provide your own.

Q. If I am involved in an accident what should I do:
A. Notify the depot within 24 hours and prepare a full report in writing. You must also file a police report.

Q. And if I breakdown:
A. Cruise Canada provides a 24-hour toll free travelers assistance line to help you get back on the road as soon as possible.

Q. Are any transfer facilities available:
A. No. But let us know if you are coming from the Airport and we will recommend the best options for you.

Motorhome Rental Country Guide
Australia Motorhome Hire | Canada Motorhome Hire | Croatia Motorhome Hire | Finland Motorhome Hire | France Motorhome Hire | Germany Motorhome Hire | Greece Motorhome Hire | Holland Motorhome Hire | Iceland Motorhome Hire | Ireland Motorhome Hire | Italy Motorhome Hire | Japan Motorhome HireLativa Motorhome Hire | New Zealand Motorhome Hire | Norway Motorhome Hire | Portugal Motorhome Hire | Russia Motorhome Hire | Spain Motorhome Hire | Sweden Motorhome Hire | Switzerland Motorhome Hire | United Kingdom (UK) Motorhome Hire | United States (USA) Motorhome Hire

Terms & Conditions  |  Contact Us  |  About Us

© 2009 Motorhome and RV Hire - A Division of BTEC Travel Pty Ltd.
Telephone: (+61 3) 9584 0896 Fax: (+61 3) 9584 0840   Toll-Free Australia: 1300 663 854
Office Address: By appointment at 28 Bear Street, Mordialloc, VIC 3195, Australia
Mailing Address: PO Box 5309, Mordialloc, VIC 3195, Australia
Licence Number: #32610